Thursday, April 18, 2013

Prayers for West, TX and Boston, MA


This is not one of my regular blog post but I thought that I would put this out there. I am praying for those that were affected by the fertilizer plant exploding in West, TX and also my prayers are going out to those that were affected by the Boston Bombing. I pray not only for the victims but their families, friends as well as those in the rescue processes in both states. As I have sat here and watched the news, I have watched two cities come together to overcome these tragedies and it gives me hope that perhaps the world is not all bad as it sometimes seems to be.
Watching the people of Boston come together, people opening their homes up for strangers who couldn't return to their hotel room, random people helping strangers who were hurt and injured during the bombing, gives me hope for the future.  My heart goes out to the victims that lost their lives to this and I feel that there were blessings that the death toll was not what it could have been. My prayers also go out to the families who have loved ones that are still in the hospitals and I wish them a quick and steady recovery.
Watching the news coverage this morning of the explosion in West, TX, my prayers and thoughts go out to that community and its inhabitants as well. Just as in Boston, this small town has come together and every person is ready to help their neighbor which again gives me hope.
Watching these two communities come together just gives me such hope that the world is not as bad, or dark, as it seems at times and that perhaps we can all come together to make it a better place, not only when tragedies such as these happen. So I applaud the people of these communities, and those that are willing to help them in any way they can. It really does give me hope for the future. Again my prayers and thoughts go out to all of the people that were affected in these tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment